Cutler Botanic Garden
The Cutler Botanic Garden is a center for teaching horticulture and environmental issues. The garden encourages an appreciation of the environment and helps teach the value of natural resources through educational activities. The purpose is to help participants teach themselves to grow plants with minimal negative effect on the environment.
Cutler Botanic Garden is one of approximately 360 gardens in the United States designated as a display garden of All-American Selections. Each year, Cutler Botanic Garden staff previews the AAS winners that will be available commercially the following year. The AAS is a non-profit, educational organization for evaluating new varieties from around the world.
The community uses the garden for a variety of activities. It provides an outdoor classroom where local students are introduced to the plant kingdom. Adult classes in subjects such as annuals, perennials, roses, Integrated Pest Management, and composting include hands-on workshops in the garden.Tours
- Many community groups and individuals take advantage of the guided tours offered by the Master Gardener Volunteers. Many come simply to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the surroundings.
- Advance reservations are required. Each tour takes approximately one hour.
- Fees: Adults: $2.00 per adult with a minimum $20.00 per hour group tour. Children: $1.00 per person (collected by leader prior to the tour) with a minimum of $15.00 per group tour. Each group must be accompanied by one adult for every 15 children.
- Contact (607) 584-9966
- Cutler Botanic Garden is available for use by the community for weddings, picture taking or special events on a reservation basis between May 15 and September 15.. Our Gazebo with the Simplicity® rose bush and fragrant annual flower lined walkways makes an ideal backdrop for a wedding or prom pictures. We have established Rental Policies and Guidelines for Use of Cutler Botanic Garden.
- We do charge nominal Rental Fees for the use of Cutler Botanic Gardens. These fees are used for support and maintenance of Cutler Botanic Garden.
If you are interested in reserving Cutler Botanic Garden for use, please contact Carol Fetterman, Administrative Assistant, for an Information Packet, which includes the Rental Agreement, at (607) 584-9966 or email@example.com
- Your help is needed to keep Cutler Botanic Garden blooming for the education and enjoyment of the residents of Broome County. Contributions from donors like you have been combined to provide pathways for the handicapped, better drainage and water systems, new benches, much needed equipment, and all types of plantings.
- The Cutler Botanic Garden Endowment Fund benefits Cornell Cooperative Extension – Broome County’s horticulture education program. It is used exclusively to provide horticulture education to Broome County residents and municipalities by utilizing and further developing CBG. Income from the fund is used for physical development and horticulture staff. The Endowment Fund provides an opportunity for those who wish to make larger contributions to support the garden. Thank you to all our supporters.